Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Text: A Closer Look II


As I mentioned in the previous post, I will now be showcasing another piece to which the "hora" is often danced to. This one is by Nicoleta Voica, who similar to Petrica Moise, is widely admired by Romanians across the country and around the globe. Again, I have attached a recording of the song above, and the lyrics in Romanian and English are shown below.

Am crescut fecior si fata
Mis cu inima impacata (2x)
Ca mi-am lasat viata mea
Numa sa-i pot ajuta

Mi-am zbatut sa le fac bine
Ca asa e o mama pe lume (2x)
Le-am facut voiile toate
Nu le-am zis ca nu se poate

Ma uit la copii cum cresc
Si vad cum imbatranesc (2x)
Dar ii vad fericiti si bine
Si creste inima in mine

Fata canta ca si mine
Fecioru-mi samana bine (2x)
Tine-i doamne sanatosi
Si fa-le anii frumosi

De Li-i scris sa traga rau
Da mi-l doamne sa-i rabd eu (2x)
Lor sa le dai numa bine
Si apoi f ace-i vrea cu mine

Ei sunt bucuria mea
Pentru ei imi dau viata 

English
I raised a son and a daughter
My heart is at peace
I dedicate my life
to help them 

I've tried to do the best for them
because that's how every mother is
I've tried to make their wishes come true
Never telling them it's impossible 

I watch as my children grow
And I can see how I'm getting old
But I see them good and healthy
And my heart swells with happiness 

My daughter sings just like me
My son resembles me
God, keep them healthy
And keep their lives happy

If it's in their fate to carry struggles
God, give them to me to endure
Give them only good
And do what you want with me

They are my happiness
For them I'd give my life 


No comments:

Post a Comment